obd1 gsr into a obd2 LS - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

Team-Integra.net is the premier Acura Integra Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Hey I need a question answer about swaping a 95 gsr engine into a my 98 LS. Im getting this engine for a pretty good deal and it comes with everything.The engine comes with the engine harness but not the harness for ecu that goes through the firewall. I would like to know will my obd2 ecu harness plug right up to the obd1 gsr engine harness and i just need to wire the three wires to the gsr ecu. I have a OBD1 to OBD2 conversion harness may i just use that for the OBD1 gsr ecu and run the three wires to that conversion harness? Also the power steering bracket is missing and i have heard that i cant use my ls one? Has any have this problem?
dhwu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #2 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Ur engine harness should plug directly in the subharness that are located by the passenger side strut tower. As for the harness going to the ecu, you can just use ur car's ecu harness and fit on an obd2a to obd1 conversion harness to use the obd1 gsr ecu. What three wires are u talking about? Vtec soilenoid, Vtec oil pressure sensor, and IAB?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:48 PM   #3 (permalink)

Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Yup those three wires. Wow its a direct swap. Thats great but i know i just need to get a new gsr throttle cable. Everything else should be fine? Also anyone know if my ls power steering bracket would work on the gsr engine?
dhwu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 08:56 PM   #4 (permalink)

Model: Integra LS
Year: '98
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

I hate to bring this 5 year old topic back, but instead of creating another.... Can any one else verify that it is plug and play except for the vtec wiring? I was told the obd1, and obd2 harnesses had different plugs and would not plug into each other.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

Model: GS-R
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95lscoupe View Post
I hate to bring this 5 year old topic back, but instead of creating another.... Can any one else verify that it is plug and play except for the vtec wiring? I was told the obd1, and obd2 harnesses had different plugs and would not plug into each other.
Make your life simpler...use the original engine harness & injectors from your car. The OBD2 engine might have a CKF sensor behind the crank pulley...just leave it undone. Get yourself an OBD1 GSR ECU or chipped equivalent. Should start right up.
C_Rock77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

Model: Integra LS
Year: '98
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Rock77 View Post
Make your life simpler...use the original engine harness & injectors from your car. The OBD2 engine might have a CKF sensor behind the crank pulley...just leave it undone. Get yourself an OBD1 GSR ECU or chipped equivalent. Should start right up.
I think you misinterpreted my situation, I want to put a obd1 gsr swap into my obd2 ls shell. Thanks
95lscoupe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2011, 10:13 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Model: GS-R
Year: 2001
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95lscoupe View Post
I think you misinterpreted my situation, I want to put a obd1 gsr swap into my obd2 ls shell. Thanks
Same rationale holds. The best way is to get an OBD1 ECU & conversion harness (then, you'll be ready for whatever tuning solution you want to use). Transfer your injectors over. Use the car's original harness. Wire up VTEC like any other VTEC swap into non-VTEC car.

This is 1st hand experience. I put an OBD1 JDM engine into my 99 GSR. The OBD2 harness has everything you need (possibly with the exception of the VTEC wiring if it's from a non-VTEC car).

I would like to know if you could use the VTEC engine harness from a corresponding OBD generation Integra and just PnP the harnesses. That, I DON'T know. Doing it my way, I KNOW will work. I didn't have to worry about it, my car was already VTEC.
C_Rock77 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Integra Forums - Team Integra forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List