Team Integra Forums banner

Vibrating Pedals 05 Luxury DC5

2K views 7 replies 3 participants last post by  SeishinDC5 
#1 ·
Tried looking on here for a similar topic with my issues but can not find a similar topic.

I have an 05 Luxury DC5 (Auto)

I have an issue where my pedals vibrate in general when I give the car a bit of gas.

My suspension is shot but it still does it when idle (only when applying gas or a cold start).

Just sometimes it does disappear but is then noticeable not long after.

I have done the following so far:
Replaced Engine Mounts
New Wheels/Tyres
Road Force Balance
Rotation and Alignment
New Vacuum Hoses
New Fuel Filter
New Spark Plugs
Even a New Starter Motor (as mine was on the way out).

5 mechanics have said everything looks fine including a dealership mechanic.

Could it be my suspension? Drivetrain Related? A damaged rotor? Injector/Throttle body issue?

Just curious for my next line of attack.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
I have an RSX and I can't imagine what would make the pedals vibrate if the rest of the car isn't vibrating at the same time. Perhaps the pedal assembly has loosened from its mounts on the firewall.

I recommend looking underneath the dash while it is vibrating and try to isolate the source of the vibration. Is the firewall itself vibrating? Is the vibration coming through the throttle cable? There's not really much to the pedal assembly, so any vibrations must come from one of those sources.

If the firewall is vibrating, you will then have to troubleshoot its source of vibration.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks for the reply.

It seems now after a few days with the new fuel filter in and a throttle body clean etc. It seems gone in idle.

However it is very present once in motion.

Will do all suspension next week with funds permitting and go from there.

Could glazed rotors do it without even braking??

I got my throttle body, injectors and fuel lines cleaned today. Made a solid difference. Very little vibration left.

I have a gasket need replacing next service according to my main mechanic which I will do in 3 weeks due to $$$.

I'll let you know the result.

Thanks for the tip regarding tightening my pedals. Will look into it.

#4 ·
When I drove my '02 Type-S this morning, I specifically felt for vibrations in the pedals. With the temperature in the 40°s and my Hardrace motor mounts, the whole car vibrates and buzzes, but the pedals are steady. At around 2000 RPM (45 mph in 6th), my rear view mirror vibrates so bad that everything is blurry. But the pedals are steady.

Here is me thinking out loud: Is there a noise associated with the vibration? Has it always done this since you owned it or did it start doing it following a service? I know you've probably exhausted all these scenarios, but something had to change from when the car was new. Could something in the engine be out of balance? If you have someone slowly press the gas while you look under the hood, does the engine vibrate excessively? Have you performed a compression test? If one cylinder has bad compression you could effectively be running on three cylinders.

God luck resolving this elusive problem.

#6 ·
I would have to say at this point it might just be an older car developing some vibrations that it didn't have once before. I cringe if you have been replacing all the above listed items, just to rid the car of a pedal vibration, as that seems very costly. I don't know what "replacing your suspension" entails, but if you are doing it solely to get rid of the pedal vibration, I would not, take a step back. Try some free options (like tightening the pedal assembly as Dave suggested). It is likely a "free" fix, especially if you have new engine mounts (most cause of vibrations like these).

I would expect a dirty fuel filter/throttle body/etc.. to cause a vibration at idle. More specifically a drooping idle, which then causes the engine to run less smooth, resulting in a vibration or two. But at driving speed I don't see that as an affect, but I suppose its possible. It sounds like cleaned intake and fuel components are helping the issue.

#7 ·
I regret spending it all in the end but it's been bad enough to cause fatigue.

It came back with a vengeance today.
This morning was nice (slightly noticeable when driving and my suspe sion is shot, hence I figured doing that would be good) but when it came to this afternoon (approximately 35°c outside), it was a very rough drive all the way home.
Steering wheel and seat all shook at idle. I did have the Air Con running but I don't think the Air Con would make it bad enough to cause fatigue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.